WHAT IS THE CRITICAL ILLNESS RIDER?
The Critical Illness Rider is an individual living insurance benefit that covers 5 critical illnesses.
- Heart Attack
- Major burns
See table below for monthly premiums and age bands for the Critical Illness Rider Insurance.
|Age Band||Monthly Premiums|
|**Years||Coverage $500.000||Coverage $1,000,000|
- You will receive up to $1,000,000 coverage should you be diagnosed with any of the following covered critical illnesses: cancer, heart attack, stroke, paralysis or major burns.*
- You may sign up for the Critical Illness Rider once you have enrolled in a Family Indemnity Plan.
- You are not required to do a medical when you sign up.
- You may apply for the Rider once you have not reached age 60.*
- You have to wait six months after enrollment to be able to benefit from the Rider, unless you become diagnosed with a covered critical illness as a direct result of an accident.*
- You are entitled to receive only one lump sum payment for the life of the Rider.
- Your family will receive a refund of your Critical Illness Rider premium payments should you pass away without making a critical illness claim before age 75.*
Your Critical Illness Rider Premium:
- Your first premium will be determined by the age you have attained when you sign up for the Rider.
- Your premium will increase throughout the life of the Rider as you move into a new age band.
Coverage Under The Critical Illness Rider Will Discontinue:
- If you choose to terminate coverage.
- If you do not pay your Family Indemnity Plan Critical Illness Rider premium during the grace period provided.
- When you have reached the age of 75.
- After you have received payment from a Critical Illness Rider claim.
- Once you have passed on.