The Family Critical Illness Plan which provides up to $3,000,000 in critical illness coverage. This flexible plan allows you to select the coverage that is right for you and your family with no medical required for sign up
• Critical illness coverage for you and up to FIVE of your eligible family members,
• Access up to $3,000,000 worth of coverage should you or any one of your covered family members is diagnosed with either cancer, heart attack, stroke, paralysis, major burns or coma.
• Enrol any time before the age of 60 (children must be enrolled prior to the age of 26).
• You and each of your covered family members are entitled to one lump sum payment for the life of the plan
• Get a 50% refund on premiums if there has been no claim made on reaching 75
Coverage under the Family Critical Illness Plan will discontinue:
• If you or any one of your covered family members chooses to terminate coverage
• If you do not pay your premium before the end of the grace period provided
• When you or any of your covered family members reaches the age of 75
• After you or any of your covered family members has received payment from a claim
• When a dependent child who is not permanently disabled and is covered under your plan reaches the age of 26 or marries, whichever comes first.
You will not receive benefits if diagnosis of one of the covered critical illnesses is caused by:
• Willful self-inflicted injury or illness
• Drug and/or alcohol abuse
• Pre-existing conditions
• Committing or attempting to commit a crime or involvement in criminal activity
• Willful ingestion or inhalation of poisonous substances
• Bodily injury through external and violent means
• Injury, illness, or death resulting directly or indirectly from nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination
Your Family Critical Illness Plan Premium
• Your Family Critical Illness Plan premium is calculated based on an age banded premium rate guide that is available at your credit union or Family Critical Illness Plan provider.
• Premiums for each person covered under the Family Critical Illness Plan will be determined by their age on the date of their application for coverage.
• The premium amount payable for each coverage amount applied for remains the same for that coverage amount throughout the lifetime of the Plan for each insured person.